Tecnau Launches New Finishing Solutions for the Océ VarioPrint i-series
Dynamic perforating, punching and cutting now available for inline sheet-fed finishing
Ivrea – January 16, 2018 – Tecnau is pleased to announce the availability of new inline finishing solutions for the Océ VarioPrint i300 & Océ VarioPrint i200 sheet-fed inkjet presses from Canon. Tecnau’s family of Océ VarioPrint i-series finishing solutions offer dynamic perforating, hole punching, and cutting/trimming/stacking modules, allowing Océ VarioPrint i-series users to expand their capabilities significantly.
The complete solution portfolio includes:
- The TC 1530 C creates horizontal and vertical dynamic perforations for remittance stubs, coupons & tear-out pages. The dynamic perforator is available with up to four vertical perforation knives and up to two independent cross blade cylinders, with one or two blades each.
- The TC 1530 P dynamic file-hole or spiral hole punching unit facilitates a variety of binding methods; its dual cassette system enables on-the-fly changes at printer speed between two different punch applications. Dynamic punching is available as a standalone unit or as an integrated module to the dynamic perforator.
- The Stack 1010, including the Cutter c10 and the Stacker s10. The Cutter c10 center cuts and slits, with single cut & slit or double cut (chip-out) and gutter cut for full bleed applications. The Stacker s10 accumulates the output in sets with offset separation for easy operator handling.
This inline finishing family reduces manual handling, expedites production cycles, facilitates application flexibility and enables in single run products such as:
- Manuals, agendas and calendars, with spiral hole punch, single cross cut & side trim, stacked with offset separation;
- Short run books, in full color or black & white, with single cross cut, center & side trim, stacked with offset separation, ready for near-line binding;
- Direct mail applications, such as coupons, discount cards, tickets with complex cross and vertical perforations, full bleed cut & high-pile stacks;
- Transactional and TransPromo applications such as payment slips and insurance coupons, with cross and vertical perforations, full bleed cut & high-pile stacks, ready for near-line inserting.
All of these finishing products are available in different models to best match every printing need, and many functions or enhancements can be requested as field upgrades after installation.
System modularity protects investments and allows further expansion to broaden the installed solution set over time. Numerous print service providers across EMEA and USA are already leveraging Tecnau’s inline solutions for the Océ VarioPrint i-series to increase productivity and reduce lead time via a lean finishing cycle.
All finishing modules are compliant with the Industry 4.0 standards set by Tecnau, including remote diagnostics, real-time production supervision, software download and data analysis. These powerful tools quickly support products in the field and allow Tecnau to stay close to every customer, wherever located.
These advanced finishing capabilities, previously only available with web-fed printers, have been developed in close cooperation with Canon for full integration with the Océ VarioPrint i-series sheet-fed inkjet presses.